Whether you are serious about becoming a professional singer, want to build the confidence to sing at your friend’s wedding, or just want to be able to sing at karaoke with ease, I will tailor our lessons to suit your goals.
As long as you are enthusiastic and willing to put in the practice, you are already half way there. I believe student and teacher rapport is very important so my job is to make you feel comfortable to rise up to your potential.
I teach most contemporary styles of singing (pop, R&B, music theatre, folk, blues, soul etc.), specializing in jazz. All ages over 6 years old are welcome.
I use the piano for warm ups and accompaniment in lessons.
WHAT I COVER:
- Building confidence
- Breath support, posture and body awareness
- Sound placement, projection and connecting registers
- Song and lyric interpretation
- Scatting and improvisation
- Microphone technique
- Band leading
- Audition and exam preparation
- Theory and ear training (AMEB Musicianship)